One of the requirements of the NVCPM Program is the completion of fifty (50) leadership / management elective hours.
- Prior to the completion of Phase I (Levels I-III) participants must complete thirty (30) hours of professional development elective courses.
- Prior to the completion of Phase II (Levels IV-VI) participants must complete the remaining twenty (20) elective hours.
- The electives must be professional development / management-related. The participant must provide proof of attendance and there is a three (3) year time stipulation on all elective courses.
Credit may be earned by attending:
- Management / professional development courses offered by the State of Nevada, Human Resource Management, Office of Employee Development
- Relevant courses offered by other state agencies, universities, colleges, companies, and associations
- Outside organization directed courses
- Documented on-line / computer-based training related to the field of management / leadership
- In order to meet the program requirement of a total of 250 hours of instructor-led training, 29 or more elective hours must be instructor-led; 21 hours may be on-line / CBT.