When an employee receives a layoff notice, it is his/her responsibility to indicate to Human Resource Management what additional classes are of interest, at or below the grade level of layoff. The employee provides an updated application and completes a Reemployment Job Development form, which is evaluated for minimum qualifications to be placed on the appropriate Reemployment 2 lists.
These lists contain the names of laid off employees who meet the minimum qualifications for the classes they include in their Reemployment Job Development form beyond the class occupied when laid off.
Reemployment 2 lists abide by the following guidelines:
- Employees must complete a Reemployment Job Development form indicating which other classes they believe they are qualified for and locations willing to work to be added to the Reemployment 2 list
- Classes must be at or below the grade level at the time of layoff
- Employees must complete a State application
- Employees can add to the request list for 30 days after layoff date
- Human Resource Management evaluates qualifications for each requested class
- Employees are placed in order of seniority on the lists for which they meet the minimum qualifications
- Fiscal classes require as part of meeting MQ's that the applicant take and pass a written exam
- Employee's name will remain on the list for 1 year after the layoff date