Basic Supervisory Courses
The Basic Supervisory Courses (BSC) offer the State of Nevada supervisors and managers the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills in the supervision of employees in a variety of complex and unique situations with the focus of enhancing both their effectiveness and efficiency.
These courses are designed to be both basic and refresher knowledge and skills classes that are focused on fundamental supervisory skills. The classes are participant-centered, interactive, and encourage full participation. They offer a combination of theory, concepts, techniques, and application and practice.
Supervisors and managers are encouraged to become acquainted with the course descriptions by reviewing them in NEATS (Nevada Employee Action and Timekeeping System). Among the many features of NEATS is the ability to not only preview and enroll in classes, but to also review and print your training transcripts as you need those records.
The Basic Supervisory Courses are:
- Coaching for Supervisors (classroom only)
- Conflict Resolution for Supervisors (classroom only)
- Decision Making for Supervisors (classroom only)
- Documenting Discipline (classroom only)
- Peer Today, Boss Tomorrow (classroom only)
Supervisory Skills Program
The Supervisory Skills Program provides curated, core tactical tools and
knowledge essential to the leadership growth of all front-line supervisors. Participants
who successfully complete all of the classes in the series will receive a
certificate of completion.
as a pre-cursor to the Management Academy and Nevada Certified Public Manager
Program, Supervisory Skills is a key element in
the State’s commitment to ensure the citizens of Nevada that its government has
a strong cadre of professional managers today and staff ready to transition
into leadership and senior management positions in the future.
The Supervisory Skills Program Courses are:
- Foundations of Supervisory Leadership (classroom only)
- Temperaments and Emotional Intelligence (classroom only)
- Accountability and Performance Management (classroom only)
- Getting Things Done through Prioritization and Delegation (classroom only)
- Motivation and Engagement (classroom only)
- Team Building (classroom only)
- Managing Up and Across (classroom only)
- Application Seminar (must be taken last--classroom only)