Electronic surveillance without the knowledge of the person(s) being observed on the grounds of any facility owned or leased by the State is prohibited except:
- When authorized by a court order;
- By a peace officer pursuant to NRS 289.830 or 480.365;
- By law enforcement pursuant to a criminal investigation; or
- Part of a security system used to protect individuals at the facility.
Public sector employees potentially have privacy rights in the workplace under federal law not held by private sector employees. Management and, if applicable, legal counsel should be consulted prior to a workplace search.
Click on below heading for more information on this topic
- Nevada Revised Statutes
- Your agency's human resource staff