An employee is provided with additional compensation of 5% of the employee's base rate of pay when:
- Directed to remain available for notification to work during specified hours;
- Required to be prepared to work;
- Able to report to work within a reasonable time;
- Required to provide a means of notification (e.g., phone number); and
- Allowed to use the time for personal pursuits.
Exempt employees and those in a 24-hour class do not qualify.
Click on the below heading for more information on this topic