Performance management is a strategic and integrated approach to planning, monitoring, improving and reviewing employees' performance. It involves all activities, tools, processes and programs used to manage performance and involves more than just performance evaluations and discipline.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic
- Clear communication of expectations (e.g. Work Performance Standards, Essential Functions, Organizations' Mission Statement, Prohibitions & Penalties, agency policies and procedures)
- Ongoing feedback (e.g., verbal, scheduled Report on Performance)
- Employee input (e.g., statements of key results or accomplishments)
- Coaching (e.g., establishing performance goals)
- As necessary, progressive discipline (e.g., letter of instruction, oral warning, written reprimand, suspension, demotion)