OFF DUTY CONDUCT
Depending on an employee's or an agency's responsibilities, what off duty conduct is prohibited may vary. See your agency's Prohibitions and Penalties for a list of prohibited off duty conduct.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic
PROHIBITED OFF DUTY CONDUCT
Examples of prohibited off duty conduct:
- Conviction of violating federal or State law prohibiting the sale of a controlled substance.
- Membership in a subversive organization.
- Contract with the State as an extension of the employee's assigned duties or responsibilities as an employee.
- Use of information not available to the public to further the employee's financial interests.
- Secondary employment, activities or enterprises determined to be inconsistent, incompatible or in conflict with an employee's duties or with the duties, functions or responsibilities of an employee's agency.