Student Internship Opportunities
What is the Public Service Intern Program?
Created in 1997, the Public Service Intern Program provides internship opportunities which are mutually beneficial to students and the State of Nevada.
Students gain valuable real-world work experience in a professional setting, establish professional relationships, make an impact on society, and, at the same time, contribute their time and talents to a State governmental agency.
Eligible students may apply for internships that are consistent with the student's academic major, area of interest, degree or career objectives, or service interest.
State agencies may develop internships that are consistent with their mission and goals, providing a professional work experience for college students.
What are the benefits?
- Work experience
- Work with professionals
- Networking for future employment
- Learning about State government
- Academic credit
- Post-graduate employment opportunities
- Certificate of completion
- Flexible work schedules
Who is eligible:
- University System Business Majors
- Juniors, Seniors or Graduate Students
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
Where are the internships located?
- Reno, Sparks, Carson City area
- Las Vegas area
When are the internships available?
- Semester basis for credit (UNLV & UNR)
- Variable for non-credit (UNR only)
To apply or develop an internship.
NOTE: These are not paid positions. Internships are available for fall, spring, or summer semesters.