Technical (step-by-step) guide: See the NEATS Employee Development procedure (01.30.34).
When determining whether to APPROVE or REJECT a training request, consider the following factors:
- Is the training free?
- If the training is not free, are there available funds?
- Is it required by or related to the job of the employee?
- Is it relevant to the prospective duties of the employee?
- Is it a benefit to the employee and agency by:
- Preparing the employee for technological or legal developments?
- Increasing the employee's work capabilities?
- Increasing the number of qualified employees in an area which the agency has difficulty recruiting and/or training employees?
- Increasing the employee's professional competence?
See your agency's policies, procedures or regulations for any agency specific processes (e.g., required hard copy form).