The State does not tolerate violence, threats of violence, harassment, intimidation and other acts of aggression and disruptive behavior.
Workplace violence issues can come from a customer, an outside individual or group, current or former employees or from an individual who has a personal relationship with an employee.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic
WHAT TO DO - Direct AND Imminent Threat of Violence
IMMEDIATELY DO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Call 911 or other appropriate law enforcement.
- If appropriate, evacuate work area and send employees home on administrative leave.
- Notify affected employees and give option to go home on personal leave.
- If an employee is the threat and if possible, inform the employee that he or she is being placed on administrative leave and is prohibited from returning to the work area until further notice.
- Contact highest level manager or administrator available.
WHAT TO DO - Direct Threat Without Imminent Event, Indirect Threat, Stalking, Harassment, Bullying, Intimidation & Bizarre, Inappropriate or Unsafe Behavior