The curriculum is focused on three broad competencies: managing
self, managing work and managing people.
In the classroom,
participants will engage in peer discussions of the competencies they need to
succeed in their workplace today and in the future, while practicing new
management skills and techniques. Examples of topics likely to be covered
during the Academy include:
- Strategic Vision and Goal Setting
- Managing and Leading Change
- Project Management, Execution and Process Improvement
- Manager's Role in Performance Management and Coaching
- Managing Conflict; Teams and Group Process
- Collaboration and Partnership Strategies
- Creative Problem Solving and Innovation in the Workplace
- Oral and Written Communication
In addition to the topics listed here, participants will also complete several self-assessments and build an individual management development plan to carry out additional independent learning. Participants will likely need to spend a limited amount of time between classroom sessions to complete assignments and prepare for the next one.