HR Reference Guide
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
As of July 1, 2021, some State employees are covered under Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), see the Division of Human Resource Management, Labor Relations Unit page for more information. If you are in a job classification currently covered under a CBA, some of the terms and benefits of your employment may be different than the provisions outlined on this page. Please consult your CBA or agency's human resource for further information.
A temporary appointment may not exceed 6 months in any 12-month period, unless:
- As a replacement for an employee who is on workers' compensation temporary total disability leave;
- As a replacement for an employee who is on military leave;
- To allow an employee to perform duties below the journey level while he or she is studying or training for advancement to an entry level professional class;
- Student attending the last 2 years of high school;
- Student employed by the college or university the student attends; and
- Types of positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education outlined in NRS 284.325.
Successive (i.e., following one another) appointments to the same position are prohibited.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic