HR Reference Guide
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
As of July 1, 2021, some State employees are covered under Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), see the Division of Human Resource Management, Labor Relations Unit page for more information. If you are in a job classification currently covered under a CBA, some of the terms and benefits of your employment may be different than the provisions outlined on this page. Please consult your CBA or agency's human resource for further information.
An employee is provided with additional compensation of 5% of the employee's base rate of pay when:
- Directed to remain available for notification to work during specified hours;
- Required to be prepared to work;
- Able to report to work within a reasonable time;
- Required to provide a means of notification (e.g., phone number); and
- Allowed to use the time for personal pursuits.
Exempt employees and those in a 24-hour class do not qualify.
Click on the below heading for more information on this topic