HR Reference Guide
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
As of July 1, 2021, some State employees are covered under Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), see the Division of Human Resource Management, Labor Relations Unit page for more information. If you are in a job classification currently covered under a CBA, some of the terms and benefits of your employment may be different than the provisions outlined on this page. Please consult your CBA or agency's human resource for further information.
OFF DUTY CONDUCT
Depending on an employee's or an agency's responsibilities, what off duty conduct is prohibited may vary. See your agency's Prohibitions and Penalties for a list of prohibited off duty conduct.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic
PROHIBITED OFF DUTY CONDUCT
Examples of prohibited off duty conduct:
- Conviction of violating federal or State law prohibiting the sale of a controlled substance.
- Membership in a subversive organization.
- Contract with the State as an extension of the employee's assigned duties or responsibilities as an employee.
- Use of information not available to the public to further the employee's financial interests.
- Secondary employment, activities or enterprises determined to be inconsistent, incompatible or in conflict with an employee's duties or with the duties, functions or responsibilities of an employee's agency.