HR Reference Guide
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
As of July 1, 2021, some State employees are covered under Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), see the Division of Human Resource Management, Labor Relations Unit page for more information. If you are in a job classification currently covered under a CBA, some of the terms and benefits of your employment may be different than the provisions outlined on this page. Please consult your CBA or agency's human resource for further information.
Whether from external or internal threats, workplaces have the potential for illegal activity. The risks can involve issues such as workplace violence, theft or use of the computer system to harass or threaten others or engage in copyright infringement. It is best to determine ahead of time how situations will be handled and that can be done by:
- Identifying security factors and risk levels.
- Developing a risk abatement and response plan.
- Communicating the plan to staff.
- Regularly (e.g., annually) training staff.
- Reviewing the plan on a regular basis and after an incident.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic
- Are money or other valuables kept in the workplace?
- Location of workplace
- Physical security of workplace (e.g., locks, architectural barriers, alarms)
- Does the organization deal with distressed individuals (e.g., mentally ill, disciplinary actions)?
- Do employees work in secluded areas, alone, off-site or non-standard business hours or travel?
- Has an employee reported a threat from a personal relationship?
- Has a former employee made a threat?
- Nevada Revised Statutes
- Rules for State Personnel Administration (Nevada Administrative Code 284)
- Your agency's management
- Office of the Attorney General