HR Reference Guide
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
As of July 1, 2021, some State employees are covered under Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), see the Division of Human Resource Management, Labor Relations Unit page for more information. If you are in a job classification currently covered under a CBA, some of the terms and benefits of your employment may be different than the provisions outlined on this page. Please consult your CBA or agency's human resource for further information.
DEPARTING EMPLOYEE CHECKLIST
Below are general checklists for an employee moving to a position in another agency and one for an individual leaving State service. Check for any agency specific items to add to the appropriate checklist.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic
- Account for all agency property (e.g.. equipment, keys, ID, credit card)
- (If applicable) remove employee's access from building(s) electronic access.
- Make sure all messages are removed;
- Place a new message informing callers the individual no longer works there and who to contact; and
- Change the password and verify that immediate supervisor has it.
- Remove the individual's data from agency email list, website, State phone book, forms and publications.
- Verify that IT removes the individual's access to computer systems and email and have an Out of Office email message placed on the email address informing contacts that the individual no longer works there and who to contact.
LEAVING STATE SERVICE
- Your agency's human resources staff