HR Reference Guide
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
As of July 1, 2021, some State employees are covered under Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), see the Division of Human Resource Management, Labor Relations Unit page for more information. If you are in a job classification currently covered under a CBA, some of the terms and benefits of your employment may be different than the provisions outlined on this page. Please consult your CBA or agency's human resource for further information.
SEPARATION FOR CAUSE (DISCIPLINARY)
Separation is the final step in progressive discipline; however, if misconduct is significant enough, an agency may immediately separate an employee.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic
CAUSES FOR IMMEDIATE SEPARATION
- Intentionally viewing or distributing pornography at the workplace (unless it is a requirement of the employee's position);
- Unauthorized release or use of confidential information;
- Participation in sexual conduct on the premises of the workplace;
- Absence, without approval, for 3 consecutive days when scheduled to work;
- Suspension, revocation or cancellation of a professional or occupational license, certificate or permit if a requirement of the employee's position;
- Threatening another person with a deadly weapon while on the premises of the workplace or while conducting State business; or
- Stealing or misappropriating State property or property located on State property.
An agency may designate other offenses as cause for immediate separation, see your agency's Prohibitions & Penalties.