HR Reference Guide
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENTS
As of July 1, 2021, some State employees are covered under Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), see theDivision of Human Resource Management, Labor Relations Unit page for more information. If you are in a job classification currently covered under a CBA, some of the terms and benefits of your employment may be different than the provisions outlined on this page. Please consult your CBA or agency's human resource for further information.
LEAVE WITHOUT PAY
NOT DUE TO A FISCAL EMERGENCY OF THE STATE
A leave of absence without pay may be granted by an agency for up to one year for any satisfactory reason. A leave of absence without pay of more than one year may be granted by the Personnel Commission.
A request for leave without pay should typically be submitted to an employee's supervisor but may require additional approval from human resources or the agency's appointing authority.
Click on below headings for more information on this topic
- Obtain a diagnosis, care or treatment of a related health condition;
- Obtain counseling or assistance;
- Participate in any related court proceedings; or
- Establish a safety plan.
Technical (step-by-step) guide: See the NEATS Timekeeping Module procedure (01.30.10) and NEATS tutorials.
When determining whether to APPROVE or REJECT a leave request or a leave entry on a timesheet, consider the following factors:
- Do the notes (yellow sticky note image link on the timesheet) agree with the hours requested and information entered in the Additional Description: field?
- Will your work group have sufficient coverage of key duties during the period the employee has requested leave?
- Will you be violating any regulations or policies by approving or rejecting the leave?
See your agency's policies, procedures or regulations for any agency specific processes (e.g., required hard copy form). See the NEATS Handbook for applicable payroll code(s).