The Mandatory Supervisory Courses offer the State of Nevada supervisors and managers the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills in regards to the laws (NRS), regulations (NAC), State Administrative Manual (SAM), procedures and forms that govern the classified service employee administrative processes.
These courses can be used to satisfy the mandatory training requirements as listed in NRS 284.338 and NAC 284.498(1). These courses are presented in either an online format or in the classroom, depending on the specific course and the section that owns it.
NAC 284.498(3) requires these supervisory/managerial classes to be refreshed / completed every 3 years. The required courses are listed below and can also be found in NEATS or the regulation cited previously.
Supervisors and managers are encouraged to become acquainted with the course descriptions by reviewing them in SuccessFactors. Among the many features of SuccessFactors is the ability to not only preview and enroll in classes, but to also review and print your training transcripts as you need those records.
Courses offered online can be found at: http://nvelearn.nv.gov.
The Mandatory Supervisory Courses are:
Consultation & Accountability Unit Classes:
- Alcohol and Drug Testing Procedures (online class only)
- Developing Essential Functions
- Evaluating Employee Performance (online class only)
- Handling Grievances (online class only)
- Interviewing and Hiring (online class only)
- Progressive Disciplinary Procedures (online class only)
- What Supervisors Need to Know about the ADA & Accommodation Requests
- What Supervisors Need to Know about the FMLA
- Work Performance Standards Introduction (online class only)
Equal Employment Opportunity Unit Classes:
- Equal Employment Opportunity for Managers & Supervisors (online or classroom)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention for New Employee (online or classroom)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Refresher (online only)
Risk Management Unit Classes:
Protections – What, When & How?
- Work Performance
- Basic Office
Compensation Overview for Managers and Supervisors
Evaluation & Management Tools
- Workplace Violence: Recognition & Prevention